ARTIST / SHAUN KARDINAL


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
All work by Shaun Kardinal

Science in the seventies and white high-socks with one navy stripe, one red. Wood-panelled station wagons and the first time a teenager ever heard Sabbath. Desert lots with satellite dishes, family holidays to look at a waterful, canyon, monument. Psychedelic orange interiors, macrame plant hangers, aviator sunglasses.

These are all things Shaun Kardinal's work makes me think of. Memories that aren't mine, but seem so warm and nostalgic anyway. I have a great love for what this man does, not the least of which is produce affordable art.

In his own words:
like to create. But, of course, you know it’s more than that.

I am constantly inspired by, frustrated with, raving about, and occasionally crushed by the work around me.
I cannot see enough of it. I must always hear more of it. Even when I’ve worn myself out of it.
I want to make cheap art. Free as often as possible.
Revelations require not recompense.

Which I totally agree with, because every day I'm delighted by the fact that there are just so many things for us to marvel with. So many, in fact, that it's hard to keep up. 
Shaun Kardinal is one of those many.
And Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful! thanks for sharing his work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the awesome post. especially appreciate the unlived nostalgia, something i've often thought about with the work. cheers from seattle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...